These types of inspections are extremely helpful in disclosing damage to the wood portions of your home from these wood destroying organisms known as Termites. If you need a Termite inspection or WDI inspection as they are often referred to, you need Gerhardt Home Inspection Services. Our Akron/Kent home inspector will search for piles of wings, mud tubes, bubbling or buckling paint or brittle drywall. When you these types of things its sure sign that termites may be the culprit. But of course don’t leave things to chance hire a professional home inspector to help you discover if you have a termite problem or if their is some other issue at the root of the cause of brittle drywall.
These are the areas that are typically inspected for Termites. Keep in mind that termites are typically found at or near ground level.
- Wooden elements of construction in basements and crawl spaces
- Window sills and frames (particularly in the basement), support posts, sub floors, supporting piers, joists, and wooden decks or porches.
- Areas where concrete elements meet wood, such as in steps, slabs, or porches
- Cracks in brick construction, expansion joints, or cement where termites might have gained entry
- Wood piles and debris near the foundation including tree stumps, exterior basement window and door frames, and fence posts.
Termites left undetected can literally destroy a home. Don’t let those little wood destroying insects have their way with your house. Get the termite inspection scheduled for your home as soon as you can. Roger Gerhardt has over ten years experience testing and inspecting for Termites.
After the termite inspection, you will have a much better understanding of the property receiving the termite inspection. Don’t wait call Gerhardt Home Inspection Services today at 330-687-6331 or fill out our home inspection request form. You can also visit us on Facebook or Google+ for reviews on our work.